An educated workforce is critical for a prosperous economy
"The message is clear - investing in our children today, benefits all of us tomorrow."
- Governor Herbert
Call to Action: Sixty-six percent of adult Utahns will have a postsecondary degree or professional certification by 2020.
Objective 1: Ensure our school children achieve reading proficiency by the end of 3rd Grade.
Objective 2: Increase the number of High School students completing post-secondary courses.
Objective 3: Align educational training to meet the workforce demands of the marketplace.
- Fund the growth in public education.
- Expand early intervention programs for at-risk students.
- Implement statewide computer adaptive testing in the areas of english/language arts, math and science.
- Improve transition to post-secondary education by implementing college readiness exams in high schools statewide.
- Increase the number of online college general education courses for high school students.
- Expand online career counseling through Utahfutures.org.
- Fund higher education institutions based on measurable outcomes and national performance metrics.
- Create a "Utah Jobs" program to align career technical education certificates with specific job openings.